ndustrial Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical equipment and parts, such as control panels. This position requires extensive knowledge of electrical components as well as electrical safety codes and regulations. They must be professional, technical, and mechanically proficient.
The work of Industrial Electricians can often be physically demanding. In order to install and repair equipment, they may need to crawl, climb, and stand for extended periods of time. They must also be able to operate tools in close proximity to electrical components.
Industrial Electricians must also be able to understand and make decisions based on technical documents, such as blueprints, schematics, or instructions. They must also be motivated to work on their own and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are a necessary part of this position.
Industrial Electrician Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical components of industrial equipment.
- Work as a team member or alone to complete projects.
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes.
- Make decisions based on technical documents.
- Perform quality testing and inspections.
Industrial Electrician Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- In some cases, candidates must have an Associate’s Degree in a related field.
- Journeyman experience or the completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can manage projects and make decisions.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- Willing to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lift heavy objects, climbing ladders, crawling, etc.